*

dolt

  • B Cup
  • 378
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »
Look at it this way--for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Doing porn is still pretty extreme in society, so it makes sense that if something--anything--got her to quit, it would have to evoke a very strong reaction in her. And you know what? If religion makes her happy, then great; what's it to you guys?

I would hope that all of us on this site would wish the best in life for the models we like. The fact that so many people in this thread are furious with her--and not just for quitting but for the reason she quit--is pretty lame. Considering that it's a forum about porn, I would've thought the minds around here would be a bit more open and tolerant of other viewpoints.

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »
Quote:

dolt said:
Look at it this way--for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Doing porn is still pretty extreme in society, so it makes sense that if something--anything--got her to quit, it would have to evoke a very strong reaction in her. And you know what? If religion makes her happy, then great; what's it to you guys?

I would hope that all of us on this site would wish the best in life for the models we like. The fact that so many people in this thread are furious with her--and not just for quitting but for the reason she quit--is pretty lame. Considering that it's a forum about porn, I would've thought the minds around here would be a bit more open and tolerant of other viewpoints.




That's hillarious! first off you claim to not be a bible thumper and now judging us as being hypocrites? If what she is doing is so admirable, then what are you doing in here?

I think turning to god is fine, but turning to religion because of feeling bad about what you did in the past is not so good. But if you think what she did in the past 10 years were bad, then you being in here by her experience have contribute to her feeling bad. How do you feel about being the bad part of her life?

Do you think all stripper and adult entertainer do drugs and drink booze to escape the good life?

I haven't read anything that one of us are furious with her decision.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

Good_Grip

  • P Cup
  • 1495
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
I was at Glamourcon on Saturday.  I talked to Jaime Hammer and Maggie Green (they shared a table).  It seems this came as a complete surprise to everybody.  No one saw it coming.  Maggie said that she and Erica were slated to do a shoot for Pinup Files and that Doug was running around trying to find a replacement (I think I got that right).

I'm not mad that she turned to religion, but I've seen this kind of thing before.  I'd bet she didn't come to her conclusions about porn on her own.  Someone talked her into it.  She either sought out help to solve her problems or someone started talking to her about her life.  These people can be very persuasive, especially if a person is feeling all kinds of pressure.

I just wish she would have sought help from someone that didn't have a religious ax to grind.  She might have still quit modeling, but at least she wouldn't be feeling so guilty about her past life.

Off topic: Maggie is setting up her own website.  She said it will be ready about September.  It's called maximummaggie.  Great name.
Good_Grip

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »
When I was stripping for a living, and going from one place to another. There were numerous time that some person hanging out the back be waiting to pounce on me with religious dogma to try to save me. I just happen to be raise while going to church and read the bible. I knew my bible knowledge then most that try to pounce on me. It is often that weak persuasion of guilt don't last long, and that whatever life path that they were trying to go down usually become the one they want eventually. I did study with the Jehovah Witness for awhile before I eventually saw the farce of it. Not to say everything I learn from them were Bullocks, as I did see some thing from a different perspective. It's just another brand name for religion, as many other brand name.

An old Native American ideal is that when your heart, mind and spirit are not in agreement of what you are doing, then maybe not doing it is good. But don't let others be the factor of your agreement issue.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

zeo

  • E Cup
  • 822
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
The swing from one extreme to another is understandable. I can see how the surroundings of strip clubs, and doing porn (which I describe as sex act captured by some media, stills, video, etc) could be poisonous. However, the more artistic side, the pinup type stuff, the serious photography, that sort of thing wouldn't be unless.... one has been told repeatedly in this society that merely being pictured naked is wrong. That is something that is taught.

I'm talking in general here, I have no clue what sort of modeling work Erica Campbell did... but that letter reads like the 'gateway drug' crapola. Since it was posted she was recently doing a pinup files shoot, I am guessing it was more on the artistic nude or just topless side of things.

I just don't get how artistic pictures of naked women became 'porn'. Do those same people who make that classification look at renaissance painting and think 'porn'? A roman fresco? Countless statues over the centuries? Why is it 'porn' when it's a more modern medium? Now I am getting way far a field... And I guess they do since they go around covering the breasts on old statues... There's no real difference between a model who keeps her clothes on and one that takes them off except the artificial one of this society. It's about the beauty of the resulting image.

It's just this society at large I guess. The control freaks who want to force their ideas on everyone else through religion, guilt, law, force, etc.... As old as known human history....


I read this back and my point doesn't seem that clear, but I hope that most get it anyway

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »
Ever think about this notion that if porn wasn't so taboo that there wouldn't be so many paid site to see it?
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

zeo

  • E Cup
  • 822
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
Ever think about this notion that if porn wasn't so taboo that there wouldn't be so many paid site to see it?




Yes, but along different lines...

Taboo isn't so much the problem. The real problem is control freaks try to force their taboos on to everyone else through law and force.

Just like the war-on-some-drugs, it's the bans, etc that can make conditions in a particular business bad.

Some demand is driven by something being forbidden, that's for certain, but the problems for those working to meet the demand can be greatly increased when the field becomes one where criminals and other seedy individuals get involved because of the legal status.

that's not to say there aren't problems that some people would have regardless with doing hardcore porn and the like... that I can see... but having pictures of bare breasts taken being the gateway to ever deeper pit... no. the letter sounded like the 'reefer madness' of boobie pictures to me.

*

VincentSnyder

  • A Cup
  • *
  • 30
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
I've never been a member at her site, but someone posted a link to it, and the site still seems to be up and running.  In fact, it appears you can still plunk down your credit card and join.  There are lots of nude photos advertising it.  If she's retiring, why is she accepting new members?  I don't really care one way or the other, but it strikes me as odd.  See

http://www.ericacampbell.com/main.html

*

c293716

  • D Cup
  • 159
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:01 AM »
Quote:

VincentSnyder said:
I've never been a member at her site, but someone posted a link to it, and the site still seems to be up and running.  In fact, it appears you can still plunk down your credit card and join.  There are lots of nude photos advertising it.  If she's retiring, why is she accepting new members?  I don't really care one way or the other, but it strikes me as odd.  See

http://www.ericacampbell.com/main.html




A lot of porn sites continue to charge as they will say you are still receiving material (new or not).  Look at Veronika Zemanova's site...practically nothing new of HER in years.

*

Good_Grip

  • P Cup
  • 1495
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »
Quote:

VincentSnyder said:
I've never been a member at her site, but someone posted a link to it, and the site still seems to be up and running.  In fact, it appears you can still plunk down your credit card and join.  There are lots of nude photos advertising it.  If she's retiring, why is she accepting new members?  I don't really care one way or the other, but it strikes me as odd.  See

http://www.ericacampbell.com/main.html




I'm not an expert on the subject, but I ubderstand that some of these sites are a partnership between the webmaster and the model.  The webmaster has some control over the content.  It's is my understanding that Erica was building the new site so she would have full control.

At any rate Erica did a lot of modeling for her own site and many others, so we will probably see new stuff for quite some time.  In my folder I have sub-folders for 28 different site on which she appeared.
Good_Grip

*

3deroticer

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 9226
    • CyberLee
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »
She was pretty busy. Damn, 28 site?

Maybe she over did it, and no time to reflect on what she was doing. I do think there is merit that most did it for the money, and that she made hers and is time for her to do what she love.

I just don't buy that there is the only way to live. As Cat Steven says, "there is a million ways to go"
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

*

DJPFC

  • Z Cup
  • 7571
    • http://www.pinupfiles.com
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
It's Doug from PinupGlam here.  (not David or Liz, who usually post under the DJPFC name in here)  Let me add my two cents, and hopefully it will clear things up a bit.  

Erica is a very good friend of PinupGlam, and of myself personally, and I am proud to call her that.  She's a really terrific gal and has always helped us and her fellow PinupGlam models repeatedly over the five years we've worked with and known her.  She is a incredibly selfless and loyal person and that is evident in many of the things she done for not only us, but for other people (and non-people) as well.  All of the volunteer work she has done in the name of animal rescue and welfare alone earns her that respect in my book.

For several reasons I won't go into, things changed for Erica over the last year or so, and her goals and life direction were considerably altered as a result.  I wasn't necessarily expecting this kind of radical switch, and the letter on her website certainly took me by surprise (as it did all of us, to be honest), but looking back on what I knew about her and recent things that happened to her, I'm not nearly as surprised anymore.  

I won't get into what those are, but suffice to say my only hope is that she does find true happiness and peace in whatever path she chooses.  I really adore her and deserves that much.
Check out our brand new, fully re-booted mega-site, PinupFiles/PinupGlam!  Featuring the best and hottest big boobed pinup gals on the web!



*

espy

  • G Cup
  • 2057
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

*

Good_Grip

  • P Cup
  • 1495
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
Quote:

DJPFC said:
She's a really terrific gal and has always helped us and her fellow PinupGlam models repeatedly over the five years we've worked with and known her.  She is a incredibly selfless and loyal person and that is evident in many of the things she done for not only us, but for other people (and non-people) as well.  All of the volunteer work she has done in the name of animal rescue and welfare alone earns her that respect in my book.




I too wish her well.  I've heard your description of Erica from other people.  I don't know the circumstances of her turn anound, but after all she did for others, it's too bad there wasn't someone to help her in her hour of need.
Good_Grip

*

Milkmaniac

  • E Cup
  • 288
Re: Erica Campbell MERGED
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 06:18:04 PM »
Religion doesn't help people - it tricks them into believing that by following a list of "rules", they will ultimately be rewarded. I choose to be good and honest and nice to others because it's how I wish to live my life - not because of some promised reward when I die.

That being said, I hope the girl finds happiness, but there will be ten new girls with big tits to replace hers.
To BE or not to BE; What was the question?