I have made a decision to not enter discussions unless I feel I can add something. I have stayed out of this because DJPFC and Tomoe said pretty much everything I had to say, except:
1) Over the last 40 years I have known, to varying degrees, several dozen women who worked as nude models. They were, with very few exceptions, as well or as poorly adjusted as the rest of us. Almost all did such work between the ages of 18 and 25, and rarely for longer than three months. Regarding what they did after that, the predominent occupations have been insurance and financial planning, and nursing.
2) Note the ages and length of work. If you are now 40, how much did your summer job when you were 19 "define" you?
3) I have also known several hundred sex workers. I know that rates of physical and sexual abuse histories, and the rates of drug addiction, are higher than a similar cohort of random woman, but far from "everyone". Some women are horrified at giving blowjobs; some are so-so; and some like doing it. So tell me about another enjoyable hobby where you can make $1,000 a day.
And, forgive me, DJ, but I've worked for minimum wage. It's been a long, long time, but it was also soul-killing. I've never worked for Tyson, but killing chickens three per minute for eight hours...