*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:38:14 AM »
Really sorry to hear about your loss.  It's never easy.  Just lost a favorite aunt to cancer about two months ago, so I kinda know how you feel, although it must be different when its a parent.  Stay strong and take care!

*

Nimrod

  • KC Strip Artist
  • 2168
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
Ironbeard -
I lost my mom to cancer the same week.  
She kept it a secret so the whole family was in shock when she suddenly ended up in the hospital.
I found out on my birthday in April and exactly 4 weeks later she is gone...
I understand your shock, sadness, and pain and somehow that seems to help me a little bit.
Sorry to hear your news, stay strong but do not forget to let yourself grieve, sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.

We found a box of photos in the house that had been packed away for decades. I had never seen these! I have included one of my mom here when she was a model in Italy around 1960 in her early 20's. I miss mom too.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

*

Ironbeard

  • E Cup
  • 363
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 11:14:29 PM »
Quote:

Nimrod said:
Ironbeard -
I lost my mom to cancer the same week.  
She kept it a secret so the whole family was in shock when she suddenly ended up in the hospital.
I found out on my birthday in April and exactly 4 weeks later she is gone...
I understand your shock, sadness, and pain and somehow that seems to help me a little bit.
Sorry to hear your news, stay strong but do not forget to let yourself grieve, sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.

We found a box of photos in the house that had been packed away for decades. I had never seen these! I have included one of my mom here when she was a model in Italy around 1960 in her early 20's. I miss mom too.




I'm so sorry.  Hope this thread helped you too.  
One thing that gets me by is that I should be able to see her again when its my time.  

My mom used to say that "Happiess is the relief of pain"  I hope she is finally happy.
When angry count four.  When very angry, swear.---Mark Twain

*

KBTs

  • B Cup
  • 160
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 03:03:05 AM »
Ironbeard, I am sad to hear she is gone.  Nimrod is right: grieve well about a life lived well.  And she lives on in, and through, you now.

Nimrod, my Mom swore us to keep her secret, as well, and it made things more difficult for others.  I am with you, too.

*

Cutter

  • X Cup
  • 3236
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:51 AM »
Damn,  Lost an Uncle to cancer this past Christmas.  I truly hope that she was not in pain.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!


My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

*

prinz

  • Z Cup
  • 3164
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 06:09:08 AM »
very sorry to hear of your loss... Lost my Mom and a brother to cancer many years ago..

*

mcgarp

  • F Cup
  • 1181
Re: Sick Mom now gone
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »
What can we say about cancer?  It is a horrible disease that it seems I am now fighting myself!  I'm lucky enough to have one that is highly treatable.  I said before that Im sorry for your loss and I truley am!  It has taken on a much more real form for me.  I'll be ok and am not hear for pity, just am so much for capable now of understanding your loss!  I'm sorry brother!

*

MasterDragonfly

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 8040
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »
Quote:

Ironbeard said:
I don't want to going into too many details because I'm still too sad.  She died on friday.  Never got to give her what I made for her for mothersday.  I know the pain will never go away, just lessen over time.  Right now I'm in so much pain.  I miss her so much.



My condolences.  I can relate (somewhat) as my mom passed about 6 weeks ago, although in her case it was more age-related.

I'm tempted to offer advice, except that you've no doubt gotten more advice than you know what to do with, to put it gently.  (I'm talking about RL here, friends/family, etc.)  I think platitudes can be helpful in spirit, but I also think when it comes to this, we each need to find our own path.

If you ask, I'll offer up a few things which have helped me.

*

ROUNDandHEAVY

  • Rookie of the Year
  • 7613
  • My name is Bob, Round is just my favorite shape. ;
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 03:55:09 AM »
My Dad passed away about 6 years ago and I have to say even though we had a bad relationship, I was sad for along time.

You can take some solace in the fact you were close and she knew how much you loved her and vice versa. You don't realize how lucky you are in that respect.

Be strong.
Call me Bob.

*

Bonecracker

  • X Cup
  • 2783
  • member since 1995
    • How to understand moderators
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »
 Dear Ironbeard,
Pleae accept m condolences on your loss also.  Cancer touches us all, as I lost my maternal grandma to cancer as well.

Sincerest regards,

Bone...  


WARNING:
This post may contain items including, but not limited to, sarcasm, irony, hyperbole intended to bring humor to this discussion. Those of you without a sense of humor, best ignore my posts.
There's a lot of internet out there, be sure to look around!

*

Zealot

  • E Cup
  • 1452
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
 
My condolences to Nimrod and Ironbeard.Be sure to get a good mourning period out from this;that way moving on becomes just a tad easier.Blessed are those who mourn,like they say.

*

Nimrod

  • KC Strip Artist
  • 2168
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 07:34:22 AM »
Thanks Zealot and others -
Today I fly off to Michigan for my mom's burial.
It will be emotional and there will be a definite finality to things. I do not really agree that anyone ever gets "closure" on anything this potent.
Everyone play nice while I am away.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

*

Bonkers

  • G Cup
  • 868
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52:45 AM »
Me  prays go out for you and you're family, Nimrod. I know how it feels to lose a love one. When my father pass away in 83. We argue a lot that year. Pop mind was going and I knew he didn't mean all the things he said, because he knew he was dying and it was only just a matter of time.
But I remember I was so sore with him, near the end to keep us apart.
When he finally died, I remember a couple days after we bury him, I was throwing away the garbage, when a thought came across my mind {I forgot what it was} that I couldn't answer that I said out loud "I tell Dad, he might know?"
To stand there silent and cry like a baby, that he was really gone forever, which I still miss him to this very day.
I'm sorry about sounding like idiot, It was something, i just wanted to get off my chest to say "I'm sorry Dad"
Bonkers

*

Hiram

  • Z Cup
  • 7646
  • I like big tits
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
Quote:

Bonkers said:
I still miss him to this very day.


Lost my father about the same time as you.  I still miss him too - but time does help I think.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

*

Q_BE

  • P Cup
  • 5871
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: Sick Mom
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 03:56:07 AM »
Quote:

Nimrod said:
Thanks Zealot and others -
Today I fly off to Michigan for my mom's burial.
It will be emotional and there will be a definite finality to things. I do not really agree that anyone ever gets "closure" on anything this potent.
Everyone play nice while I am away.



Oh dear.

When bad fortune decides to pile on, it piles on. My sincerest condolences, Nimrod, and I hope you and Kithara return only when you feel ready.

Just so you have something to take your mind off things when you return, I recently bumped the Participation on the Forum thread. Between that and the KC Strip, I'm here to say I'm one of your biggest fans, and I pray for your spiritual healing.

My condolences to you, Ironbeard, as well.

Q-"My mom has had skin cancer"-BE