*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
My $47,000 Dental Bill
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
I`m tired  of my typical redneck teeth. :P My dentist can give me a pretty smile with orthodontic treatment and 28 porcelain crowns for only $47,000. :o It`s either that or a new Mercedes SLK 300. 8) What do you think?
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

bignatslover

  • P Cup
  • 5358
    • I love the BEA
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »
I think he is a con artist.

It would definitely be in your best interest to get an exam from another dentist.

I became very untrusting of dentists after a 20/20 report a few years ago: The same patient went to five different dentists and got VASTLY different conclusions about his teeth, as well as vastly different treatment plans.  It seems each dentist was into his own ideas and would see what he wanted to see in each patient.  Additionally, each dentist seemed to have a way of making side income out of patients too - they'd pressure patients to join lifetime teeth whitening plans, buy expensive electric toothbrushes from their office, convert old fillings into new ones, do additional X-rays, etc.


Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »
Holy cow! My uninsured appendectomy is only costing $29,000. I didn't realize I was getting such a bargain!

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
I`m tired  of my typical redneck teeth. :P My dentist can give me a pretty smile with orthodontic treatment and 28 porcelain crowns for only $47,000. :o It`s either that or a new Mercedes SLK 300. 8) What do you think?



Forget the teeth or Mercedes. A real redneck with that kind of cash would be lusting for a Ford F-350 with a power stroke diesel, full size cab and chrome wheels.  ;) ;D

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »


Forget the teeth or Mercedes. A real redneck with that kind of cash would be lusting for a Ford F-350 with a power stroke diesel, full size cab and chrome wheels.  ;) ;D
There ya go. ;)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:41:53 PM »
There ya go. ;)


See how easy to solve any problem is if you look at it from a irresponsible perspective ?  ;) ;D

*

Pipatel

  • B Cup
  • 515
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:39:43 AM »
I think he is a con artist.

It would definitely be in your best interest to get an exam from another dentist.

I became very untrusting of dentists after a 20/20 report a few years ago: The same patient went to five different dentists and got VASTLY different conclusions about his teeth, as well as vastly different treatment plans.  It seems each dentist was into his own ideas and would see what he wanted to see in each patient.  Additionally, each dentist seemed to have a way of making side income out of patients too - they'd pressure patients to join lifetime teeth whitening plans, buy expensive electric toothbrushes from their office, convert old fillings into new ones, do additional X-rays, etc.



Gotta love a privatized, profit-driven health care system. ;)

*

notty

  • Z Cup
  • 3682
  • Deflating egos since 2004
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »
I`m tired  of my typical redneck teeth. :P My dentist can give me a pretty smile with orthodontic treatment and 28 porcelain crowns for only $47,000. :o It`s either that or a new Mercedes SLK 300. 8) What do you think?

Go to Brazil. Make a vacation of it.
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »
I dunno what to say, gOOb. I've had the same dentist for almost 40 years now. Every six months I see him and we make jokes about our ex-wives; I insult his Republican enthusiasm and he asks if I've stuffed any ballot boxes lately. In that one way I guess I've been lucky; he is the longest continuous relationship in my life. I guess I've paid him $47,000 or so, but over 40 years I don't notice it so much.

I'm kinda with bignatslover on this one--Read up on the Intarwebs, talk to some folks, get a second, third, maybe fourth opinion. There are always alternatives; if you know what they are, you can make a better choice.

Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

Hiram

  • Z Cup
  • 7646
  • I like big tits
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »
You'd be better off going to another country and getting dental work done there cheaper.   Even with hotel and fight cost, got to be cheaper than 47k.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

*

espy

  • G Cup
  • 2057
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:04:46 AM »
Holy cow! My uninsured appendectomy is only costing $29,000. I didn't realize I was getting such a bargain!
Costing who?
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »
Thank y`all for your input. I`m going fly to Cancun, Mexico next month and I plan to check into this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:18:27 PM by gOOber »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
Well, Goob, sounds like a plan but beware. If you get screwed down there, you can't sue. Especially since you are a gringo. Many American don't realize the deep harbor of hate below the veneer of civility that mexicans have toward americans. I was born there and went to school there till the 7th grade. We were always taught since the 2nd grade that ALL of Mexico's troubles were the fault of the United States and that americans are despicable. This goverment propaganda and indoctrination was necessary in order to deflect the corruption and incompetence of the mexican goverment onto a foreign power and so the people would believe that all americans really wish to keep Mexico down. The laws are therefore anti foreign, especially anti american. Don't say you haven't been warned.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
Again, thanks. :-\
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

rtpoe

  • Old Fart
  • 12420
Re: My $47,000 Dental Bill
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »
If you're going to be spending any time across the border, you will want to have with you at all times the information for the US Consulate office in Cancun.

Just in case.
rtpoe

The ground is deep with fallen leaves and nuts of White and Red Oak, and of Beech, that line and fill the footprints and the ruts which all along the wooded pathway reach. First claim, of course, to chipmunk and to squirrel for bleak mid-Winter sustenance belongs, as all around old leaves descend and twirl about, through feathered autumn songs.
"Oakwise", Nut Gathering at Alban Eve