*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 11:26:54 PM »
As is Jerry Lewis, who is 88 years old. They just released The Nutty Professor 50th Anniversary Edition boxset, a film which he produced, directed, co-wrote (with Bill Richmond) and starred in.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:28:32 PM by TheZookie007 »
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:25 AM »
As is Jerry Lewis, who is 88 years old. They just released The Nutty Professor 50th Anniversary Edition boxset, a film which he produced, directed, co-wrote (with Bill Richmond) and starred in.

Ha! You beat me to it, Zookie! He was on The Tonight Show tonight. Almost seventy years of making fun or handicapped people, and he still isn't funny.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

TheZookie007

  • L Cup
  • 53945
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 03:32:16 AM »
Ha! You beat me to it, Zookie! He was on The Tonight Show tonight. Almost seventy years of making fun or handicapped people, and he still isn't funny.

I think his work for Muscular Dystrophy has made up for any making fun he done.
AOC, HC, TW, BO, KH: FU. FUATH. 100x.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 07:43:55 AM »
Ha! You beat me to it, Zookie! He was on The Tonight Show tonight. Almost seventy years of making fun or handicapped people, and he still isn't funny.

Dean Martin was the one that was funnier but what I don't understand is why is he so popular in France and why they keep giving him awards and titles for being a " comedic genius " ?  ???

*

Zorro

  • Zorro Cup
  • 6053
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
Dean Martin was the one that was funnier but what I don't understand is why is he so popular in France and why they keep giving him awards and titles for being a " comedic genius " ?  ???

When I was just a young boy living in Pittsburgh, PA I loved watching the Martin & Lewis movies.

It seemed to be a popular opinion at the time that when they split up that Dean's career was over and that he would fade into obscurity.

I remember my mother telling me that it was over the image of Dean's **94** since he had portrayed characters in Rat Pack movies who were heavy drinkers as well as his **93** sheriff character in Rio Bravo.

She was wrong, but it seemed to be the fact at that time.

Jerry "was" a comedic genius, but since his movie characters went on a different road it eventually started to fade out after a while.
I feel that the muscular dystrophy telethons helped revive his career and since he could get other show biz personalities to appear showed more of Jerry the man who had no problem sharing the stage with them.

One telethon that always sticks in my mind was when Frank Sinatra encouraged his pal Dean Martin join Jerry on the show after all the years that had gone by.
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

*

tdotter

  • 16284
    • Moistpubes2-the return of the goo!
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
Bob Newhart-85 and kicking.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 03:24:19 AM »
Phyllis Schlafly, 90.

Among the cacaphony of crazies who now claim to be the American right, Ms Schlafly certainly has a claim to pre-eminence. She was active in Illinois Republican politics and first came to national notice for opposing the 1960 nomination of Richard Nixon because she believed that he supported an end to racial segregation. In 1964 she published A Choice Not An Echo supporting the candidacy of Barry Goldwater by setting out a conspiracy theory in which Nelson Rockefeller was masterminding the end of the Republican Party. She later split with Goldwater over his opposition to theocracy. She is best known for organizing opposition to the Equal Rights Amendment, and more recently working to organize a movement to impeach Justice Kennedy for his decision to spare minors the death penalty.

Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
Alan Young, who played Wilbur, the straight man to a talking horse, "Mr. Ed", is now 93:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

KBTs

  • B Cup
  • 160
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »
Cathy Gale and Pussy Galore are now 89.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 03:29:28 AM »
Contrary to the obituary published on People Magazine's web site, Kirk Douglas announced that he is still alive.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:15:21 PM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »
Roger Smith from "77 Sunset Strip" is 82:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »
 ;)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 04:28:56 PM »
As long as we're doing side-by-sides, today Jane Fonda is 77:
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
As long as we're doing side-by-sides, today Jane Fonda is 77:
Hanoi Jane is 77? :o
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

pedonbio

  • Oh My God Cup
  • 22949
Re: The NOT-THE-R.I.P.-DEPARTMENT department
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »
Hanoi Jane is 77? :o

Scary, huh?

And she's still working.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:09:02 PM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.