*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2024, 06:09:43 AM »
Established in 1931, Boulder City, Nevada is 26 miles Southeast of Las Vegas, and it leads to the Hoover dam. It was built during the Hoover administration to house the 5,000 workers that built the Hoover dam. The Hoover dam was built between the Arizona and Nevada border on the Boulder canyon of the Colorado river. The town is near Lake Mead, the artificial lake created by the dam. Today the town has about 15,000 inhabitants and it is one of the two towns in the state of Nevada that prohibit gambling within city limits. Just right outside the town limits there are a few casinos. There is also a Veterans cemetery for Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2024, 06:20:21 AM »
Located in the city of Tepic, in the Mexican state of Nayarit on the Pacific coast just south of the much bigger state of Sinaloa, is this cathedral built from 1750 until finally finished in 1885. Started by the Spaniards and finished by the Mexicans.

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2024, 04:01:33 PM »
 :)

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #348 on: November 24, 2024, 07:13:20 PM »
Apparently, this building has been abandoned for years.  This is what it looked like when it was being used.   :(

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #349 on: November 28, 2024, 05:00:46 PM »
 :)

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

CarlTL

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 9602
  • King of the Avatars
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #350 on: November 28, 2024, 06:49:40 PM »
I wonder why the hills were removed between 1860 and now....

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2024, 05:17:17 PM »
I wondered that too, but I don't know.  I'm just happy the house itself is so well preserved.

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34082
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2024, 05:18:04 PM »
 :)

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2024, 07:04:36 AM »
One of the few Orthodox cathedrals that Stalin didn't destroy while he was in charge of the Soviet Union, The St Petersburg cathedral. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2024, 06:37:20 AM »
Located in Offutt Air Force Base are the headquarters of the Strategic Forces of the USA which is nearby Omaha (Old Indian word meaning Oh my ass hurts again; D), Nebraska, which replaced the old Strategic Air Command NORAD headquarters in Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado in the 1990's.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2024, 07:15:22 AM »
On December 7, 1941, the imperial Japanese Navy successfully attacked the US Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and while the USS Arizona BB-39 because it was more modern and had over a thousand casualties, on the other side of Ford Island was the training battleship USS Utah, BB-31 and she was also sunk even though the amount of personnel was merely a handful. She was never repaired and her hull, like the Arizona, is below water rusting away. The monument was built after the Arizona's and has very few visitors. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2024, 06:18:50 AM »
Started in present day Guadalajara, state of Jalisco in Mexico on 1561 and finished on 1618. In 1818, there was an earthquake that collapsed the structure, and it was being rebuilt but in 1849 there was another earthquake and from 1851 until 1954 it was rebuilt, and this is what it looks like now. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #357 on: December 19, 2024, 06:23:43 AM »
Opened on February 1, 1927, when I was stationed in Hawaii from 1980 till 1984, I did visit it, and it was run by Marriott company then. During World War 2, it was used to house Army and Navy Officers as temporary housing for them. It is in Waikiki beach in Honolulu and when I was visiting it, they had a music band playing Swing era music of the 1940's. Last time I've been in Hawaii was back in 1990 when we stopped at Pearl harbor for a couple of days of Liberty and then we proceeded to Qatar for Desert Storm logistical and ship support action. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2024, 06:38:51 AM »
Located in the heart of Waikiki beach in Honolulu, Hawaii, the Hale Koa, which is Hawaiian for home of the warrior, is where active duty and retired servicemembers can stay in what would be a very expensive part of Hawaii for a reasonable price and it is near Fort Derussy, which is a bunker that was so tough that it was decided to turn it into a military museum since trying to dismantle it or blow it up would have destroyed not only the Hale Koa but also the Hilton nearby. When I was stationed in Pearl Harbor, I did see the lobby of the Hale Koa but never stayed there. 

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2024, 07:19:12 AM »
Wall Street back in the 1920's.  :)