*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #390 on: March 15, 2025, 09:59:50 AM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2025, 08:00:20 AM »
I was stationed at Point Loma Submarine Base in San Diego on three different commands for a total of 12 years on different occasions. :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2025, 08:01:59 AM »
First built between 1809 and 1815, expanded later on, the largest Catholic Cathedral in the USA, St Patrick's cathedral in New York City.  :)

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34182
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2025, 03:17:02 PM »
I like it more before the modern additions.   :)

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #394 on: March 19, 2025, 08:53:32 AM »
As close as you can get to Area 51 here in Nevada, Northwest of Las Vegas, before you get arrested/imprisoned.  :P

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #395 on: March 19, 2025, 11:42:51 AM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34182
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2025, 04:41:16 PM »

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2025, 07:35:26 AM »
If you search for Tiffany Towers, sometimes you get this building.  ;D

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2025, 08:13:53 AM »
When I was stationed in Pearl Harbor from 1979 till 1983, I was staying at the barracks of building 55, which during the attack by the Japanese on December 7, 1941, was actually the headquarters of the 3th Fleet at the time, but then they built new headquarters in the 1970's and so we enlisted men were given the space for barracks. I remember seeing on the roof where they had patched up the bullet rounds the Japanese had left as they had strafed the building then. At the time, the USS Arizona memorial was a five-ten minute walk from it and the USS Missouri was in the Bremerton, Washington Naval Shipyard. On this photo The USS Arizona signifies the start of the World War 2 for the USA, and the USS Missouri is where the Japanese signed the surrender to the Allies.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2025, 08:30:10 AM »
Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland, which gave Francis Scott Key the basis of what later became the U.S. national anthem, "The Star-Spangled banner" after a USA victory over the British at the Baltimore battle in 1814. It was built in 1798 and used by the US Army until World War 2 and afterwards became a National Monument. :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #400 on: March 28, 2025, 08:33:00 AM »
When the Chrysler building in New York City was world's tallest in 1930. :)

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2025, 07:53:41 AM »
 :)

*

gOOber

  • Pic-O-Matic
  • 25236
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2025, 12:43:28 PM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

*

MaxBigfoot

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 34182
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #403 on: March 31, 2025, 05:00:04 PM »
:)

That's one classy, cool looking train station.   :)

MaxBigfoot


I apologize in advance if I post duplicate pictures in any of the picture threads I deal in.  My MO in getting pictures of one girl is to rip her Instagram.  That ends up with me having up to 2000 pics of her.  I've tried almost half a dozen duplicate finder programs, and none of them find all of the duplicates I inevitably end up with.

*

solvegas

  • ZZZ Cup
  • 83838
Re: Architecture - Old or New
« Reply #404 on: April 01, 2025, 08:06:15 AM »
Originally known as the Union Plaza, it was built in downtown Las Vegas where the train station used to be. Las Vegas started as a train station between Los Angeles and Salt Lake City in 1905 and years later they built a small hotel for passengers, but they got rid of the train stop back in 1993 and moved it out of town as the Union Plaza got much bigger and there simply were not enough train passengers to make it worthwhile. It has gotten much bigger, and it is now known as The Plaza hotel and casino.