Ahh, the library. A chance to read, compose, research, study, refresh, reflect, ponder, woolgather -- and scribble down notes of one's memories of ninety minutes in a strip club.
It was the Christmas party, and in full swing already at noon. If anyone has been wondering what Naomi Knight is like, I've no idea. There was the postponement of her appearance, but there was also the atmosphere. I gather that when you amp up the music, crowd the place up, and have lots of cigareetes going, that many people, perhaps even a majority, perk right up. I'm the opposite, I wilt. So I couldn't put up with it long enough to see Naomi.
HOWEVER -- what a magical word, "however" -- I decided to turn it into a reconnaissance mission. I figure that, between my memories and what the website owns up to, there are 65 house girls connected in some way with the club, and with many thanks to today, my ability to recognize them individually has risen to 30. There was a lot of doubling up, two dancers at once, and my mood was thrown off, so it seemed the best thing to do.
The remodeling from last week is over. Slightly disorienting at first: restrooms and booths got switched. Oops! I figured, while I was back there, I'd inspect the booths. They look nice. Yay! But there are NO MIRRORS IN ANY OF THEM. Boo. All this activity, you'd think they could spring for mirrors -- hell, I could start a fund.
All academic anyway. No dances today, just peeling off singles -- and if they're going to hold back the headliner for all of two hours, then I'll need a LOT of singles from here on. One way around that, though: I made sure my gal Kyra got a card, with cash in it. (So she'd better not have trashed it; I'll check next week.)
In the time I was there, I got to see seventeen girls, many of them for the first time -- and since life seems too short to linger on the downside, I will report that there are more I could stand to dance with, such as --
Fallon. (Do keep in mind these are my fictionalizations.) Slight build, moves well -- fascinating face, needs the right light, but it's finely etched in a way that recalls a young Mariel Hemingway.
Granada. Only caught her at the very end, short, swarthy (but not black), vivacious, fun, with a blonde streak through her long blonde hair.
Willow. Ah, Willow. Scrutiny of this thread may show how I mourn the disappearance of a classic beauty I called Dallas -- Willow seems to be the living resurgence of that Dallas mystique, very alive, very sweet, rather shockingly pretty.
Carroll. I've mentioned her above, but she grew on me even more today.
Estee. Much like Carroll.
That was about it on this gently rainy day -- but what can I say, I'm not a partier, and this reconnaissance should leave me in good stead in future months. Besides, it's worth it, to rest up a week before Brandi Morgan.
Honestly, it's ridiculous to ask strippers to dance to corny old Christmas music. Luckily that only happened for two early songs, and then the rock came on steady ...